FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can Improvement 123 kits be used?
Improvement 123 kits continue to engage people in Continuous Improvement across many industry areas, including: Disability, Education, Logistics, Transport, Local council, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Telecommunications, Mobile field service and many Process industries, refer to our Insights page for examples from the field.
Improvement 123 kits are easily integrated into daily work, and have delivered immediate benefits in a diverse range of organisational functions such as: corporate finance, mobile field maintenance services, 24/7 rail control centres, port stevedoring operations, and quality control departments. With the kits being completely scalable, the range of application examples include supporting a single office right through to a national corporate program!
What is the nature of the improvements created by each of the Improvement 123 kits?
Improvement 123 kits have been used to address a wide range of the ‘pains’ seen in the work place, including the following:
• Disorganised, cluttered work areas including shared workspaces (shared kitchen facilities, field service vehicles, print rooms, storage of process consumables such as chemicals, equipment etc.).
• Work areas with significant levels of Safety incidents such as: slips trips and falls, hand injuries, lifting and other ergonomics related issues.
• Office arrangement/desk layouts creating less than ideal work and information flows.
• Team members ‘stuck in routine’, lacking tools or structure to facilitate their involvement in change and improvement.
• Less than ideal space available in the work area for the tasks at hand due to inefficient layouts, storage, or excessive amounts of furniture, equipment etc.
• Significant amounts of employee time and effort are spent looking for lost inventory, information and/or equipment and tools, and there may be an associated background level of ‘shrinkage’ of equipment, tools, trading inventory etc.
• Continuous improvement processes aren’t team-owned, and don’t affect real change and benefits to the team work environment.
• There is no simple, visible way for team members to contribute their ‘work smarter, not harder’ workplace improvement ideas.
• Significant amounts of employee time and effort are spent managing interruptions to tasks, or tasks are being impacted by rushing, waiting and rework.
• Overall or peak work demands are greater than available team capacity, or the team is not able to match the variability in work demand.
• The value of the team diversity and experience is not visible and being recognised.
• Less than ideal customer outcomes caused by team interdependencies restricting effectiveness, including within and across business functions.
• Teams are being stretched to manage the formal business rules in their dynamic work processes, resulting in less than desirable responsiveness to changing circumstances.
• Roles & Responsibilities are unclear, with lack of transparency of work task timeliness and decisions.
• Team communication processes including meetings appear to be unstructured, take too long and provide insufficient actions and resulting impact on performance.
• Work team performance is vaguely defined, not tracked or visible.
If you are unsure whether a kit may match your circumstances, please give us a call and we will help!
How quickly do Improvement 123 kits deliver a return-on-investment?
Improvement 123 kits have a proven track record of delivering on-going business returns many times greater than the investment. Typically each team session run identifies and actions improvements that deliver returns greater than ten times the cost of the kits.
Typical business benefits include:
• One-off direct cost benefits due to sale of obsolete or redundant materials, furniture and IT equipment.
• On-going cost benefits due to reduced tool and equipment loss and replacement.
• On-going cost benefits due to reduced facilities lease costs, storage equipment and mobile plant. (e.g. remote warehouse storage lease, forklift hire, print & photocopier lease, st_container hire).
• Operational conversion-cost reductions created by insourcing work that historically was outsourced. (e.g. reduced contract costs for cleaning and maintenance services).
• On-going conversion-cost benefits by releasing work capacity through reduced workflow cycle times. (e.g. reducing time to complete Month-End reports; which created 14 hours per month per staff member to be redeployed onto other value-add tasks.
Contact us to find out more about maximising the pay-back.
Do Improvement 123 kits require prior experience in lean improvement tools?
Whilst drawing on the lean principles and tools, the key Improvement 123 difference is that it is explicitly designed with techniques and methods for you to engage your team members, with everyone having an opportunity to contribute at any stage. Continuous Improvement is established through the team and by the team, providing a succession of rapid and sustainable changes. Every person. Every day.
The facilitator guide included with each kit clearly details the materials, leading the group activities, use of the supplied tools, tips for success, common pitfalls and things to watch out for. Ongoing support and advice is available about any topic related to continuing the successful use of Improvement 123 kits!
Do Improvement 123 kits need any facilitator training before running them?
Improvement 123 kits are designed to be used by any competent facilitator who understands the principles behind experiential learning; helping participants draw out and develop their own learning during group discussion and make links between their learning and their daily work.
The facilitator manuals included with each kit provide background information and all the details needed to run each session. Although not essential, many people find it extremely useful to attend and watch one of the Improvement 123 sessions prior to facilitating their own.
Contact us or give us a call to find out more.
What support is available for Improvement 123 kits?
The purpose of Improvement 123 kits is to provide fully supported continuous improvement tools and techniques, deployed with workplace team members. The kits deliver far more than just training & team activities; each kit is deliberately structured so that it engages with work teams while at work, educating them with just enough improvement theory, and then immediately applying and establishing the continuous improvement tools and processes within the group.
The nature of the materials is such that the team simultaneously learns and develops their way forward in real-time based on the key principles and tools provided. As such it is unlikely any external support will be required, but it is available in any case. Contact Gestaltix by email anytime with any questions, queries or check for understanding required.
Public coaching workshops providing instruction on the use of the Improvement 123 kits are scheduled on demand, subject to minimum numbers being available. These are typically 1/2 day sessions which are hands-on demonstration and detail the use of Improvement 123 kits.
Contact Gestaltix via the Contact page to find out more.
Product range availability
All customers are supplied with a unique logon and password to the Gestaltix website. Premium package members are provided access to a larger range of products and other free member-only information & downloads which become available in the shop. Product price discounts from RRP are also automatically applied in the shop.
For bulk purchase of tools and consumables, please contact Gestaltix Pty Ltd directly for a volume discount.
Multiple Product Orders
For multiple product orders, we will make every attempt to ship all items contained in that order at the same time. Products that are unavailable at the time of shipping will be shipped as they become available, unless you inform us otherwise. You will only be charged for shipping at the rate quoted to you on your purchase receipt. The entirety of this shipping charge will be applied to the first product(s) shipped on a multiple shipment order.
We will ship your product as it becomes available. Usually, products ship by the next business day. However, there may be times when the product you have ordered is out-of-stock, which will delay fulfilling your order. We will keep you informed of any products that you have ordered that are out-of-stock and unavailable for immediate shipment.
Credit Card payments
There is no Gestaltix surcharge for using a Credit Card to make purchases. Payments are made at the time of purchase through our secure credit card facility (via Stripe), with the credit card transaction information securely processed by Stripe.
Purchase Order payments
Gestaltix accepts Purchase Orders as payment during the online checkout process. Here’s what you need to know:
• Have an authorised PO number created for your order.
• Once you have a PO number, login to your Gestaltix account, place your order and go to the Checkout.
• Under “Billing Address,” enter the contact details and email address of the person responsible for approval of invoice payment against this PO. Generally, this will be the person who requested the PO.
• Under “Shipping“, if delivery is required to a different address than the one used in Billing, select ‘ship to different address’ and enter the shipping details for the order to be sent to.
• Under “Payment Info” choose the Purchase Order option and enter the PO number and proceed with payment. You will then receive an email confirming your order is processing.
Once a copy of your Purchase Order has been received, your order will be processed and shipped, and an invoice referencing your PO number will be sent to the billing email address. The bank transfer details for electronic payment will be on the invoice.
WE PAY SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $200!
Please note that we only ship within Australia.
> A flat rate shipping fee is applied to orders under $200.
> For suburbs in Newcastle, NSW only, a free drop off delivery option is provided.
> All Shipping is handled by Courier or Australia Post.
> Insurance against loss or damage during shipping is automatically included.
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES
Delivery will be approx. 5-7 days. If delivery is prolonged or delayed, contact will be directly made via the order email address to advise estimated delivery timing.
Please note that delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed.
Once products have been ordered from the Store, the status of the order can be viewed through the My Account section.
Login to your account, (or if you are already logged in, click on the Account name in the Login area at the top RHS of the web page) and review your orders under the Recent Orders heading.
Select the ‘View’ button to view updates, once the product is despatched this is where a message can be viewed about the delivery method. If via courier, the website and the Consignment note ID to track the delivery will be detailed.
At no cost to you, Gestaltix will gladly accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship. Fulfillment mistakes which result in the shipment of incorrect products to you will also be accepted for return. Please contact Gestaltix directly for further details on how to go about making returns.
How do I login and access the 'My Account' section?
Login using your User name and Password by clicking the ‘Login’ text on top Right Hand Side of the Gestaltix home page, this puts you through to the “My Account” details screen.
Once logged in, changes to the website menus and on-line shop are automatically made; including access to a larger range of Premium package-only products and reduced prices.
You can return to the “My Account” details page at any time by clicking on your Login name text on top Right Hand Side of page (where you logged in). Logout is done by simply clicking on the ‘logout’ text on top Right Hand Side of page, this will log you out & return you to the login screen where you started.
I forgot my password...
You can use the “Lost your password?” link in Login>My Account to reset your password. A password reset email will be sent to the email address associated with your Gestaltix account. If you don’t receive the reset email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
If the response “Invalid username or e-mail” appears when you submit your email address, then that particular email address is not registered to an account in our records. Please check all the email addresses you might have used, including those you might not normally associate with online memberships.
I forgot the email address I used for my Login...
Please Contact us for help recovering your email address. The following information will help us locate your account:
- Your first and last name, as well as any other names that could be on the account
- Any email addresses you may have signed up with
- A phone number you can be contacted on
What are the benefits of a Premium package?
The Premium package includes all of the Standard kit components, plus editable digital versions of the Facilitator Guide and presentation materials allowing customisation and co-branding of the program, and a Master Class facilitated by Gestaltix Pty Ltd to introduce your trainers to the program.
The Premium package also provides access to the much larger range of products available in the on-line shop with real discounts on the product RRP. Multi-site organisations can efficiently manage rapid establishment, and also the later consumable replacement costs, in the most effective way; the on-line shop facilitates a user-pays system, eliminating the proliferation of multiple vendors, excess stock and duplication that creates a burden of hidden waste in administration time and effort to manage.
The premium package provides access to ‘unbundled’ products, to pick and choose the components needed, the most economical way of scaling support, replacing or even duplicating components.
The Premium package also provide free access to extension training materials and other presentation add-ons, all tried and tested in the field.
How do I get the Premium package?
How can I access the Premium package benefits?
Access is created after a Premium package is established. A Username/email and Password will be provided so that on-line Login will able to be made, providing access to extra products, and discounts from RRP.